Online shopping is more than a trend. It’s how we do business. People head to their electronic devices to purchase everything from necessary services to frivolous extras.
If you are an up-and-coming business owner, you know how important it is to have a bold online presence. This presence isn’t free. Domain names cost money, but most business owners can’t run a successful company without one.
How much do domain names cost? Can I strike a deal? Today we’ll answer your questions about buying domain names and share a few tactics to help you preserve your marketing budget.
What Is the Average Cost of a Domain Name?
Domain names vary between $5 to $50 per year. That’s a pretty wide range! On average, expect to spend between $10 and $20 per year for your business’s domain name.
Factors That Affect Domain Name Prices
What makes some domain names cost as little as $5 yearly while others exceed $50? Here are a few factors that determine domain name prices:
- Popularity: Popular domain names that are easy to say, spell and understand are worth the most money.
- The domain extension: Top-level domains (TLDs), such as .com or .net, are worth more than domain names with less-common extensions.
- The length of the domain name: Shorter domain names are easier to remember, so they tend to be more expensive than longer ones.
- The registrar: Some registrars offer more affordable prices than others, so go shopping for the best domain deal.
- The domain name’s availability: If someone else owns the domain name you want, you might be able to purchase it. The owner will want to make money, so expect to pay a premium.
Get a Deal on a Domain Name
We could go on for days about ways to score a domain name deal. Here are three tips to get you started:
- Shop around: Check out different registrars to see where you can get the best price on a domain name that matches your business.
- Know your budget: Have a price in mind before you start shopping, and don’t be afraid to negotiate to receive it.
- Work with a domain broker: Domain brokers have access to the best prices on popular domain names that might not be available to the masses.
Do you need to increase your business’s online presence? Contact DomainBroker.org today to find a domain name that completes your marketing strategy!