Social media began as a tech-savvy way to connect with friends and family. Over the years, people realized that they could use these platforms to spread the word. What exactly are people saying and learning through social media?
These days, we’re hopping on social media to hear the latest news, stay up-to-date on the freshest gossip and tell people about causes that are dear to our hearts. These platforms even help budding entrepreneurs build their businesses.
Social media seems like a pretty effortless (and usually free!) way to put your business out there. Unfortunately, if it sounds too good to be true, you should probably dig deeper. Today we’re going to give you the scoop on social media and tell you why a thoughtful domain name needs to be a part of your marketing plan.
The Good and Bad of Social Media
We’re not saying that business owners should abandon social media. It’s impossible to argue some of the benefits that these platforms provide. Here are a few reasons why you should hang onto your business’s social media page:
- Social media is a cheap advertising method.
- Business owners have the potential to reach a large audience.
- Social media pages help bring traffic to your website if you have one.
Despite these benefits, social media doesn’t always get a gold star. Here are the negatives to relying on social media:
- Social media platforms influence who has easy access to your business page.
- If social media is your only online presence, your sales might suffer.
- Your business might be more vulnerable to cyber attacks on social media.
Adding a Domain Name To Get the Results You Want
When you use a domain name along with social media, you’ll see positive results quickly. Here are some of the things that a domain name can do that social media can’t:
- You have complete control over your domain.
When you own a domain name, you don’t need to deal with social media’s restrictive algorithms. In addition, you have maximum control over the customer’s experience on your website.
- You’ll become a credible name in your industry.
If someone visits your social media page and likes what they see, they will probably look for a link to your website. If you don’t have one, they might skip over your business in favor of one that offers more info.
- You’ll have access to data that will help you build your business.
When you own a domain name, you can use analytic software to track how many people visit your site, how long they stay and what links they follow. Social media platforms don’t offer this information.
- It’s easier for customers to find your business if you have a good domain name.
Almost half of all Google searches are for local businesses. If you own a domain name that effectively represents what you do, customers will find you with a few quick clicks!
Enhance Your Marketing Plan With DomainBroker
At DomainBroker.org, we know how critical it is to select a domain name that accurately reflects your business. We walk with our clients every step of the way, from domain name selection to acquisition. Connect with us today to learn how to use a domain name along with your current social media presence to achieve small business success!